Friday, June 20, 2008

A Date with the Nation's Capitol






I recently had to use up extra vacation days for work or I would have lost them - incredibly pathetic I know - and BJ could not take time off work just prior to the start of his season, so I set off for a long weekend in DC to visit Matt.

It had been many years since I'd done the tourist thing - I drug him all over the city and toured all the memorials, the White House, capitol, Supreme Court and everything else I could fit into the span of four days.

I love the city and I had a great time visiting with Matt - all in all a vacation well spent. But next year, I'm planning ahead and I'm hitting the beach during the crazy Chicago winter!

Here's hoping your travels are adventure filled all summer long.

No comments:

Post a Comment