Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Mother of Organization Projects

They are few and far between, but they are appearing. They are. Signs that spring might actually make an appearance in Chicago.

On Friday, the temps reached 70. I celebrated by leaving work early (shock of all shocks, but I did it!) and taking the boys to the park. And sitting on our deck with a book and my laptop (not the work one I might add). And also? I bought fresh flowers. Lots of fresh flowers. Because nothing says spring to me quite like gorgeous flowers. I can hardly wait to plant some...but more on that later.

Another milestone to mark spring's entry? An organizational project...namely, the great closet transition. Yep - I ditched the heavy winter stuff and left the middle weight stuff. Switched out the drawers and took the opportunity to take yet another stab at reorganizing. 

I have a dream closet. Seriously, I do. It is huuuuge. And it has lots of drawers and built in shelving and several layers of hanging space. That closet IS in my future (somewhere), but in the interim, I am going to work with what I've got. So I spent several hours in organizational bliss. I heart organization. Big, pink fluffy soft heart it, I do.

*update: I drafted this post a week ago, and have attempted multiple times to upload the photos to accompany it, but it just isn't happening. I decided just to hit publish - maybe I will share the pics another time. Boo technical issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment