Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love is a Picture

I am unfailingly amazed at the power of photographs to instantly transport me to a specific place and time. One glance and I'm back in that moment, remembering clearly the sounds, sights and smells. If it is someone else's shot, I'm there too - seeing in my mind my own version of what they saw through the viewfinder.

I think it is one of the reasons I am so in love with this particular medium, its unique ability to capture moments in time: places, memories, life.

While doing some photo clean-up and organization, I came across a series of images I took back in February on our trip to LA. Instantly, I'm back there, and I see the gorgeous homes that line the boardwalk, the seagulls flying in their flocks, hear the crash of the waves against the smell of salt in the air...home, sweet seaside home.

Happy Love Thursday; here's to your own methods for capturing and savoring life's sweetest moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment