Sunday, June 14, 2009

You Say OCD, I Say Organized and "Homey"

I can remember organizing things as a kid: I'd alphabetize my CD collection, line up my dolls perfectly, categorize my make-up drawer, jewelry cases, on and on. I was color coordinated, but never "matchy." I was pulled together and "on top of it," but definitely not OCD (shut up).

My need for organization and structure has colored literally every stage of my life and I love nothing more than giving in to its hefty pull, getting lost in the next project that helps scratch the itch. This weekend, we practiced a little worship in the house of IKEA and Momma got a brand new shelving unit. And prints for the wall. And a groovy floor lamp. And several other odds and ends. Total bliss I tell you. I'm geeking out on the complete transformation we created just by reorganizing. I have quite the home improvement list going on in my head, and I think I might make it a semi-regular feature here. Because internet, if you have ideas to contribute, rave reviews, or just need to tell me Martha would never approve, I want to hear it.

New organizational tools for the mail. Who's laughing now junk mail bastards??
My obsession with white ceramic ANYTHING continues...
New shelves...from the side and then full frontal. I LOVE.
Unrelated: I want to congratulate my good friends Adam and Becky on their engagement. It seems impossible that the boy I used to push in a stroller, torture with repeated games of "house," the boy that terrorized me with a very realistic looking rubber snake, the boy that is very much like another brother to me, could be getting married. But he is, and I'm thrilled (even if I'm feeling slightly old). I'm thinking of them tonight, and wishing them every joy as they begin this awesome journey together.


1 comment:

  1. I'm the SAME way! I think I'm organized--others say its OCD. Could you send me your email address so I can add you to our list of readers? We got a creepy comment on our blog last week from an 'anonymous' person so we decided to make it private. My email is ashleighburdette@gmail.com Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete