Thursday, June 11, 2009

Outtakes from a Long Overdue and Much Enjoyed Vacation

  • The power of soft sand, the clear sea, mind-blowing sunsets and the company of good friends really cannot be over-estimated. They are the perfect cocktail to recharge your jets, re balance your energy, reset your sense of inner peace.
  • There are way more varieties of rum than I knew existed - and when mixed, they are tasty, but lethal. New favorites include the "no problem mon," and the "Booloo."
  • I am more in love than ever with my camera and capturing images, moments, memories and experiences.
  • Island life is 24/7 relaxation. It begins with a fabulous breakfast buffet, towel service and all day drink service poolside and lasts into the evening with scrumptious meals and more top-notch service. Yeah mon.
  • The people of Jamaica are warm and friendly and really transcend the reputation that proceeds them (except for that taxi drivers that offer various methods to "party").
  • High atop a mountain overlooking the Caribbean, there sits a spectacular house, golf course and restaurant...all haunted and all aptly named The White Witch (I fell in love as evidenced by the 3485732 photos I took up there).
  • A late afternoon thunderstorm that rolls in within minutes and is done within an hour is really awesome to watch. And also? A welcome relief from the intense heat of the island sun.
  • While I missed them tremendously, it turns out I can survive a week without the fur babies. And they can too - I dare say they even thrived on their weeklong stay at Nana's.
  • If you indulge in a few too many glasses of Pinot Grigio and go sailing/snorkeling the next day, be very careful not to swallow salt water. The combination is not pretty. Enough said.
  • My college friends rock. So do a few new friends I met on this trip. We all meshed instantly and were transported back in time as though years hadn't passed since our last adventure. There's nothing better and I loved every minute.
  • The Miami airport has been dubbed my own personal hell. This happens when you're stranded there for a combined 18 hours in one trip. Would it be too much to ask for one sit down restaurant where the menu doesn't consist entirely of pizza, fries and any variety of deep fried meat?
  • I'm back to reality (a cold and rainy reality), but can escape any time to the calm, relaxing island inspired paradise in my mind (or in my Flickr photostream, whichever).

Follow this path to bliss...
Hubby and I at sunset at The White Witch
Please take me back. Now. Thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment