Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 4th!









Ah, how I love the lake. We had a glorious holiday weekend relaxing, sunbathing, playing in the water and enjoying great Q-time with family. It was terrific to catch up with the nieces and nephews - they've grown so much and they play so well together now. We had a blast just watching them swim and roast hot dogs and marshmallows over Grammy's fire pit. I had so much fun watching them in fact that I pretty much forgot about my camera altogether until our very last day! So you'll have to use your imagination to get the gist of our weekend...kids learned to go tubing, adults tried it too (who knew how hard it was to pull yourself out of the water onto a huge tube in the middle of a lake??), I rediscovered the devine joy of s'mores and of course...got in some great reading.

Caught a great fireworks display too - several actually. One we traveled to specifically and others we just enjoyed over the lake...I'm sporting my usual variety of bug bites, but not as bad this year thanks to my nightly bath (pretty much) in OFF. Why do they love me so?! :)

Got in at least one run, although fell short of my goal to go around the lake once every day. Next time!

And of course, we enjoyed every second of fun with our fur-kids. They didn't conquer the water, but they are officially "dock dogs" and loved standing at the end keeping watch on the passing boats, napping under our chairs when they wanted a little shade and just having a great time in general keeping everyone company.

We hope your 4th was just as wonderful.

PS - Simon, Jack sends apologetic woofs for all that barking and "dominant posturing." He's really a sweetie at heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment