Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I HEART LA








As most of you know, we made our first trip back to LA since we moved. I was there over a year ago very briefly for work, but this was our first actual time to go back for a fun visit.

It was so weird...total deja vu in the strangest sense of the word. We kept having to remind ourselves that we did not live there anymore...and of course then we were obligated to ask ourselves...and why is that again?? :)

We went for Copeland and Kelly's wedding which was at La Venta Inn in Palace Verdes - truly one of the most stunning wedding sites I've seen. It was simply gorgeous.

We called the Beachhouse Hotel in Hermosa Beach home for five days...oh yes, ocean front room, lovely balcony to sip wine and stare at the Pacific...and did I mention the jacuzzi tub?

The mornings began with a run...we had good dinners, visited with old friends, got aquainted with new ones and enjoyed all the old haunts that gave us such joy. For the record, Blue Plate still serves the best lunch anywhere...and the Santa Monica farmers markets puts all others to shame.

We missed the boys, but they had a great time with Auntie Jenna back in Chicago...when I returned, I was greeted by a lovely fall day. I'm enjoying it while I can...I know all too well what is ahead.

But for now, I'm remembering the sites and sounds and smells of LA...which, for better or worse, will always have a sizable piece of my heart.

I'm including a few pics from the wedding site, the view from our room and even one of the beautiful Chicago day I returned to on Tuesday. Happy Fall ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment