Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays










Wow, what a wet weekend we've had in Chicago. Not that I'm complaining (too much) as I know our friends in Texas are in a FAR worse spot, but I haven't seen things this soggy in...well...maybe EVER.

I read reports of ominous weekend weather on Thursday, but was hoping it would just go away. It didn't. We awoke on Saturday to a torrential downpour...I immediately went to the CCRF website to discover that Mutt Strut had been cancelled due to severe weather. We were bummed, but I wasn't looking forward to carrying both dogs and a huge umbrella for 2 miles, so I guess it was for the best. :)

Most of you know that Jack and Cooper aren't potty troopers when severe weather is involved. It took 3 separate trips to get Jack to potty on Saturday morning and I am still fighting the battle even today. I've tried everything...I created what I lovingly referred to as their "potty palace" - no luck. They just stared and whined. Finally, I realized that Jack is completely wigged out by the umbrella...so the only thing that would prove succesful was to put both dogs in their rain jackets and suit myself up to look ready for Niagra Falls and head outdoors with no umbrella. Even this measure didn't work every time, but for the most part...it helped.

Oh, and we have a pretty major ceiling leak going on too...I guess that is to be expected with so much rain. The landlord is coming by tomorrow, but for tonight...I'll keep the towels on rotation and the bucket underneath.

The good news? Lots of time for reading, watching movies and cuddling with the boys...no guilt whatsover for spending 99% of THIS weekend in our warm and cozy (if slightly wet) home.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that you're staying dry - wherever you are.

Beeg gets home tomorrow - the boys and I couldn't be more excited.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment