Friday, December 12, 2008

Total Holidaze

Hi folks, apologies for being a little quiet these last few days. I even missed Love Thursday (gasp), but don't fret - I was still thinking of you and sending lots of love into the universe. Really, I was.

It is no surprise to anyone by now that this is my favorite time of year, but I can really become my own worst enemy during the holiday period too. How you ask? Well, I really love the holidays. I mean LOVE them. And I have no less than a million ideas bouncing in my head constantly about great ways to celebrate and do thoughtful things for everyone. Seriously - everyone. All those I love most, co-workers, the dog walker, on and on. But what I forget to factor in every. single. year. is this my friends...TIME. And one other little thing called WORK. So, I go into the holiday period with my eyes all aglow and my busy brain spewing creative and thoughtful ideas and then I get incredibly pissed at myself when I don't pull it all off.

Don't get me wrong. I still have a major holiday crush. I'm doing the annual holiday party circuit with a smile. My house is twinkling and glowing and festive. But I had a million ideas that I didn't get to this year and I still feel like a complete failure on the gift front. I haven't finished my shopping for one. And for two, I wanted to be creative this year. Not just another damn toy or trinket or whatever. Gifts that mean something. And I thought about it and researched and came up with fun ideas. And then I lived at work for pretty much a full week and all that went OUT. the. window. Sigh...

One of these days (years?), I am going to figure out how to relish every moment of this season I adore and I'm going to let myself off the hook already so that I don't arrive in January with shocked eyes and total awe that the holiday season is over (again). I mean, I haven't seen Love, Actually or the National Lampoons Xmas Vacation movie ONCE this year. That's criminal. :)

In the meantime, enjoy the total cuteness overload that is our official photo with Santa Paws. You're welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Although you didn't get to all of the holiday things on your list, you did throw a BANGER Christmas party for the Walmart team and we love you for that!!!

    ReplyDelete