Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We typically spend Thanksgiving in Indiana with BJ's Mom, but we changed things up this year and spent the entire week in M'town with my family. True to form, my parents planned lots of great activities for us and the week truly flew by leaving us with great memories, fun photos and a little sad that yet another fantastic holiday is behind us. 

We kicked things off with an uneventful and easy drive from Chicago to WV and then began the week in earnest. We did some initial cooking and Turkey Day preparations and I even conquered a gorgeous banana pudding that got rave reviews if I do say so myself (me in the kitchen - big deal, so I get to brag just a little). :)

Our great family friends Bobby and DeeDee hosted our family plus their own for a very festive Thanksgiving dinner and everyone had a marvelous time. Their granddaughter Eva Claire is one of the cutest kids ever and she kept us all entertained throughout the evening.

And of course, no Thanksgiving holiday would be complete without sports, and boy, did we get our share. First of all, the televisions in my parents' house were forever tuned into one game or another and we attended the annual "Backyard Brawl" the day after Thanksgiving this year. They play at Heinz Field (home of the Steelers) and we had a fabulous time even though my fam was disappointed that the Mountaineers didn't pull through with a win. Next year!

We wrapped up the week with a lovely spa day at one of my new VERY FAVORITE places - Nemacolin Resort in PA. Mom and I joined Margaret (another terrific family friend) and spent the entire day being pampered - it was bliss. We headed home for one final (and very yummy) dinner and then called it a week. 

Mom & Dad - HUGE thanks to you again. You made it the best holiday yet. We loved every minute. Oh, and a special thanks for all of that food you packed for our journey home too. Our extra lengthy drive was a little better since we had yummy snacks to distract us. You have to love parents who still make you a PB&J just shy of your 30th birthday. Thankful indeed! You can see more holiday documentation here (just in case you can't get enough of us - haha).

I hope everyone's holiday was just as terrific. We returned to a winter wonderland here in Chicago and much to my delight, the holiday decor is out in full force. I plan to take it all in this weekend, along with more than my fair share of errand running. Be sure to keep checking back for more holiday fun. We've got LOTS planned this year.

Mom, Beeg & I at the WVU-Pitt game
Back in Chicago - first day of getting all bundled up - brrr!
Winter wonderland back in Chicago!
Dad & April - self portrait on way home from dinner
We LOVED this wine wall at a yummy restaurant in M'town
Nemacolin Spa & Resort - isn't it lovely?!
Beeg in I in the box at the game.
Matt and I at the game...
Self photo at Thanksgiving Dinner
DeeDee - our lovely Turkey Day hostess
Cute little tables set up for dinner
My prized banana pudding - isn't it awesome?! :)
Lovely snowfall on our first day in M'town

No comments:

Post a Comment