Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks and a Blog-cation

We completed the looong and (today anyway) grueling trek back to Chicago today. What is normally a pretty straight forward 8.5 hour(ish) drive, was a traffic laden, 10 hour journey through every variety of nasty weather. Boy, am I happy to be home.

The trip was amazing and I promise more details (and photos) later, but wanted to check in since I (blissfully) and (a little regrettably, ahem) neglected all things online for the last half of our trip.

My newsreader is hopelessly backed up, the blog has been without updates and now that I'm back into it, I realize I actually did feel a little disconnected due to my spontaneous break from (most) things digital. I can't decide if that is a good thing or not...

In any case, it was delicious time with family and, as always, I'm a little blue this evening. Don't get me wrong...it helps that I'm snuggled on the couch with a fur baby on each side, enjoying the warm glow of my holiday lights and knowing that a warm cup of tea and another chapter (or 2...3?) of book 2 of this vampire series I'm now addicted to (who knew?? i really don't like vampires or anything sci-fi) will follow this post. But, goodbye is never easy. Even when it is temporary. Even when the time between this visit and the next isn't super long. It's just good stuff to spend time with those you love most, and when you live far away from family, that together time is infinitely sweeter. And flies by at warp speed. I seriously cannot believe it is already over.

We packed in enough fun for 2 months. Thanks again Mom & Dad - as always, you were gracious hosts and we left feeling well fed, (very) well loved and recharged. It's always a pleasure. And a joy. And I miss you already...

I hope you all enjoyed a marvelous holiday surrounded by everything that makes you smile and feel grateful. Now break out the holiday decor (unless like me, you've been there and done that already) and let's try to not let December whirl by and give us all whiplash like November has, m'kay??

Nuff said. Enjoy the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment