Monday, November 10, 2008

My Feet Prefer to Feel the BEAT (and other randomness)

Ruminating on a few random topics lately:

Why do spin teachers fail in the most important task related to their teaching...the MUSIC?? Maybe it is just me, but there is nothing worse than being a few minutes into a super steep climb, knowing you have a long way to go, and then hearing Coldplay to help you get there. I love Coldplay. Have absolutely nothing against Chris and his buddies. But c'mon...when the resistance is cranked up high and I'm pushing to get to the top of the hill, I need a BEAT to chase. It seriously makes the difference in a butt kicking, awesome workout and a slow, painful journey to just make it to the end (of class). Bring on the beat people - I'll do my best to follow.
*image borrowed from Google Images' public photos

I adore the concept of in-shower body lotion. I mean seriously - this is brilliant. I love anything with a dual purpose - and add on top of that the magical task of shortening my getting ready time - I can barely contain my joy. I've discovered that using it a few times a week and then mixing in regular lotion application on the other days results in maximum (and consistent) moisturization.

Calling people out for work that is lacking in quality might be an important aspect of your job, but it is also guaranteed to produce a never ending stream of excuses (and maybe even a little attitude). This annoys me. Regularly.

I think Bare Minerals is pretty close to genius. And I wish the concept was mine. But I'll settle for using the products and reaping the benefits. Bring on the mineral veil.

I sometimes wonder if working from home one day a week consistently might change my world and solve all of my problems.

Just another manic Monday (hope yours was good).

No comments:

Post a Comment