Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks

My blog reader grows exceptionally fast. It seems that every day I stumble upon several new blogs that strike a chord somewhere within. So - another entry to the blogroll. Another delightful spot to visit for inspiration, a new perspective, different thought patterns, myriad experiences.

And sometimes, I find an idea that I love so much - I just must participate.

So, here we go. I will attempt to spend the time before Thanksgiving posting daily on things I'm thankful for. The entries on that list far outweigh the days left until Turkey Day, and I do recognize how special and awesome that is. Without further ado, here is day one of my personal giving thanks series:

That guy up there is Hubby. We've been on the crazy, amazing, fun journey of marriage for just under 2 years now. And we've been together in some capacity for close to 7. He's kind of a saint. He puts up with me and loves me equally when I'm nice and shiny AND when I'm NOT nice and can't muster shine from anywhere, try as I might. He's supportive and there. All the time. Every day. And he's better at expression than me, but he understands my limits and accepts them. And so I tell him here what I can't always tell him (or show him) in the moment. Life got a whole lot better once he was in it. I hold my breath when he flies anywhere for work (and that happens a lot) until I'm sure he's on the ground safely because the thought of life without him inspires panic of a nature I'm not equipped to describe.

I'm happiest in the mundane activities of life these days- because they involve us. I love grocery shopping and lunch at our favorite deli and running in the park with our dogs - just because time spent with him is time treasured.
He almost never complains. I nag about clutter and he clears it away. He knows I love Christmas and he'll spend hours wondering through shops with me to find the perfect ornament even though I KNOW he'd rather be watching football. He'll pull out his computer and read the latest sports news while I watch yet another episode of "GH" or "9 - 0."

Every day he shows me patience and support and encouragement. And every day, even if I pout or whine or complain in the process, I fall in love - with him- all over again.

Happy Love Thursday. Don't forget to give thanks for those people and things and moments that complete your life. Thanks Hubby - love you. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment