Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Little Moment for Me

I went for a run late this morning - after a morning downpour and just before the downpour going on right this second - and it was awesome.

No running or working out of any kind really in the last few weeks - I've really let everything slide in deference to work, work, and more work. It was so great to just listen to music, let my mind wonder and just take a break for a little bit, just for me. All by myself. I needed it and didn't even know how much.

And, also? I realized that I need to make it happen more often. Work will always be there - it isn't going anywhere...and no one is going to make me a priority if I don't, right? Anyway, it was a nice reminder.

Know what else that run confirmed for me? That I'm screwed for the Shamrock Shuffle in a couple of weeks. Seriously - sooooo not ready for an 8K. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment