Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vitamin D Finally!

This weekend brought our first glimpse of Spring and it couldn't have come at a better time or been more needed by our little family.

The temps hung out in the high forties, evening breaking into the low fifties a time or 2, but more importantly, the sun shone brightly almost the entire weekend. Even as I type this, there is a lovely glow streaming through the window over my shoulder. Ahhhhhh.

The boys got reacquainted with fun outdoor walks, we dusted off the roof deck furniture in anticipation of many balmy evenings and meals outdoors. Jack and Cooper even dined al fresco for Saturday breakfast. :) Even though it was technically a bit too chilly, we took the boys for their first romp in the park in many months - it was so cute to see them running around and of course, I got some great action shots with the fancy new camera.

I worked from home on Friday and it was bliss - actually a very long day and lots of work got done, but in my sweats with Jack on my lap and Coop snoozing on his bed by my feet, which made such a difference after the stress of the last few months. Just lovely. And for the remainder of the weekend, I left the crack berry on the counter and just focused on enjoying some much needed time "unplugged."

We got a jump start on spring cleaning too, ridding several closets of overflow in my ongoing effort to declutter every possible nook and cranny.

It is hard to see the weekend coming to an end, but I can face the week a little better with a good dose of sunshine under my belt. Oh, and happy early St. Patty's Day all! Chicago celebrated on Saturday with its usual enthusiasm, noise and drunkenness. So funny just to people watch - our neighborhood street was full of revelers as early as 8am. Let's just say it was QUITE a different walk to Starbucks that is typical of most Saturday mornings. :)

Enjoy the week ahead - and here's hoping you got a little sun to warm your spirits too!

A little guy on the ride to the park - the blurriness was unintentional, but I love the shot
Their favorite past time - lounging in "sunbeams" in the den
Saturday breakfast al fresco!
We pulled out the deck furniture and did a little sunbathing practice!
I picked up some fresh flowers on Friday to brighten things up a bit - I just love these beautiful hydrangeas!







No comments:

Post a Comment