Thursday, October 16, 2008

And Then They Marched Home

I've been meaning to post about this for more than a week, but kept getting sidetracked. I've said before that I am an ardent supporter of a good variety of animal relief organizations and IFAW is one of my favorites. These people are just amazing; doesn't matter the species, doesn't matter the location (the more far flung the better apparently), and certainly doesn't matter the conditions it will require to get to an animal in need. They roll up their sleeves and they jump right in. I admire them. At times I envy them too. I think to go to work every day with that kind of passion is a true gift.

And it inspires me to find similar pieces of passion in my daily life. I've read a lot about the recent pack of penguins this group rehabbed, and in this instance they have clearly disproved the old saying that you can't go home again.

As I watch these adorable critters taste their new freedom and head home together, I can understand completely why the rescue team said it was worth it.

Happy Love Thursday everyone! May it be a day that reminds you of the passion of your home - wherever and with whomever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment