Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Special Friends

I have never been one of those people to consistently keep up with huge groups of friends. I've certainly known an amazing variety of folks through my various life stages, but at the end of the day, I have a pretty small circle of the kind of friends that just make life worth living. These are women who have known me at my best and my worst and loved me equally. They've helped to shape me, change me, inspire me and keep me going when I needed them the most.

It has been my life's journey to be geographically separated from my best friends more often than not. This has created stress and doses of sadness for sure, but the more important side effect has been the incredible ways in which those relationships have flourished anyway. We've proven that distance is no barrier and that the love of a friend doesn't equate to the frequency that you're in the same place at the same time.

Today, I am thinking of one friend in particular. She is embarking on such an exciting new chapter in her life...she will welcome an undoubtedly gorgeous baby girl (trust me - with her gene pool, there is simply no other way for this to turn out) into the world in just a couple of short weeks. This friend is creativity personified. She is bubbly and warm and can lighten any load in a matter of moments. She transcends labels and stereotypes and truly just spreads joy everywhere she goes - every single day.

Rob, welcome to this limitless space of the blogosphere - I'm thrilled to be connected with you in yet another place. Thank you for your friendship, your inspiration and all the ways you've made my world better. Just by being you. That is one lucky kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment