Thursday, October 30, 2008

Share the Love, Rock the Vote

I officially exercised my right to vote today - and it felt good. Sometimes it seems as though I can't even remember a time when this campaign wasn't happening and after all the reading, watching, commenting, debating, hoping, praying, searching...standing in that line and touching that important screen felt amazing. My right. My privilege. My obligation. My voice.

Early voting came at a cost - the cost of my time - but the rewards made me forget that 2 hour wait almost before it was even over. In a fun Chicago twist, I met Oprah while waiting to vote. Yep - THE Oprah - not making it up. I love her, admire her, am often inspired by her. To see her in just that place at just that time was really pretty special (even if I am being a little schmaltzy). I said hello and her words to me were brief. And right on. "Hi! Get in there and let your voice be heard girl!" I did Oprah.

And I hope you all do too.

Happy LOVE THURSDAY - may you recognize this unique moment in time and share the love that got us here.

And because there is no way for me to NOT post about this, check this out if you need a little love reminder (but have a tissue handy too). A special thank you to the law officials who helped this Mama Bear in her time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment