Thursday, October 23, 2008

Love Through the Cracks

I've been thinking a lot about love lately. Lots of different thoughts, many different lenses to shift perspective, but the same core theme.

I've thought of love through the lens of politics and struggled to understand why so many adamantly deny any form of love in a world so riddled with hate. Since I can't solve this complex problem, I mollify myself with the reality that our country gives us the freedom to not only have those types of views and opinions, but the freedom to express them. And part of enjoying that freedom is recognizing others' rights to hold opinions and views I don't agree with - or even that I despise. And that is something I can love.

I've thought of love through the lens of personal experience and I've realized I'm infinitely blessed because I have not walked one step in my life without a full network of love and support to catch me if I fall.

I've thought of love's role in the bigger picture of life's journey and realized that finding my life's partner was my greatest gift. I live that love every day and it makes me relish in the normal and find magic in the mundane. Even when my expression of it is less than stellar, it is there. And it fuels everything in me that shines.

Happy LOVE Thursday everyone - may you recognize love in the cracks of your life- after all, that is where the light comes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment