Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fabulous, Fantastic FALL




I adore fall...living in Southern CA for six years, I had almost forgotten how fabulous the season really is. Last year, we skipped fall in Chicago - went straight from hot and humid to frigid and snowing and stayed there for longer than I care to remember. But I digress...

This year, fall has been spectacular in the windy city. We have had very mild weather, crisp and clear and the leaves are beginning to change adding a new layer of splendor to the commute along neighborhood streets and Lakeshore Drive.

I've been wearing my sweaters and boots (except for the few truly warm days we've had - closing in on 80 degrees last weekend!) and have even pulled out the light rain jacket a few times. Oh, and I canNOT get enough soup. Seriously - vegetable, tomato bisque, minestrone, french onion - bring it on! I adore soup - redefines comfort for me.

Beyond wardrobe and diet, I've begun my very favorite time of year - the run of holidays and my associated decorating!

As most who know me are aware, I'm pretty obsessed with pumpkins and mums for fall. Seriously. I am every bit as excited as kids at pumpkin patches and I just get a huge smile on my face when I think of the fun associated with seasonal decor. I credit (or blame??) some of this to my Mom - we have always made a huge deal of holidays in our family and now that I have my own home, I do NOT disappoint.

I found the most amazing, full, vibrant mums over the weekend - seriously, I was THRILLED by this find. And...they were on sale, so I got them for next to nothing! Would have bought more, but could not carry them...they are HUGE.

Then...I came home from work on Tuesday a little bummed b/c Hubby had left for his final tour stop of the summer season. And then felt instantly better when I found a "special surprise" from him and the boys. 3 mini mums and a pumpkin! Even better? He promised a trip to the pumpkin patch when he returns early next week.

Ah yes, its fall...and I'm enjoying every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment