Monday, May 4, 2009

Horses and Hats Make Me Happy

I'm just back from this year's Derby extravaganza and it was another one for the books. We lucked out on weather and escaped a monsoon by the skin of our teeth and enjoyed yet another terrific day of horsemanship, hat stalking, family bonding and mint juleps.

The race was insane - chalk up another one for the under dog (horse?)! I enjoyed every minute of catching up with family and reconnecting with my southern belle roots. The eye candy was plentiful as always and I'll post more documentation as soon as technical difficulties stop derailing my Flickr uploads!

New life goal? One of 2 options...own my own beautiful Kentucky horse farm and spend my days among my many equine friends OR interview immediately for the position of Chief Party Officer, Churchill Downs. That is an actual job - I saw him myself - on the jumbotron screen. I can't decide which to commit to.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your picture collage and really LOVE your hat. You were styling...lady in red! So jealous...we have never been to the Derby but really want to come sometime. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely come next year!!! So much fun. XOXO

    ReplyDelete