Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Fun

Clear skies greeted us on our first official trip of the season to Lake Gage - and told us that summer is finally here. As I type this, it is cold and rainy back in Chicago, but I am choosing to ignore that and focus instead on the great weekend just behind us.

We relaxed and read, ran the lake's perimeter, grilled yummy meals and ate them outside,  caught up with family and broke in the jet ski for yet another year of summer fun.

Looking back on our terrific weekend and precious time with family, I sit here thinking of the families who are sad today. Those who are missing special people, mourning what could have been. I hope that memories will bring them comfort today. I hope the same for you.

And also? Two little guys tested their swimming chops. We thought it would be best to just show you.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! They did very good with the swimming lesson from daddy! :) I love how they play together.

    ReplyDelete