Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Now Accepting Congratulations

A couple of completely unrelated observations/updates for your reading pleasure:

1.  I am now in my 2nd week of a...wait for it...consistent workout routine. I am spinning 3 mornings a week at 6am and then running on weekends. Sure, when the alarm goes off, it feels like my own personal sign that the world is ending, but once I drag myself there, it is downright enjoyable. And my day feels much better all around after such a productive start. I might eventually add in strength training the other 2 mornings of the week. Because I am crazy. And a glutton for punishment. And sick and tired of my ass's adventures into the bigger and flabbier.

2. I planted something. And it grew. This from the girl who has killed bamboo. Honest to God. Most witnesses including the friend who gave me the bamboo as a gift did not believe me. "You cannot kill bamboo," they said. "It is virtually impossible." Well, then I'm a magician because that effin stalk turned brown and fell out of the pot.

But apparently, I've redeemed myself, because I got the brilliant idea to plant herbs - and they are growing. Come back in a day or 2 and I'll show you the flowers I planted last weekend. I'd show you now, but I want to make sure they make it at least a week before I begin citing them as proof points that I'm THAT MUCH CLOSER to Martha status.

No comments:

Post a Comment